Field EH&S (Safety) Coordinator
This position will be responsible for coordinating and supporting Safety/EH&S related efforts for Bayswater’s field operations located in Eaton, Colorado and Big Spring, Texas to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements and achieve operational and company business objectives.
This position will be based in Eaton, Colorado with expected travel to Bayswater’s Texas operations located near Big Spring, Texas.
Key Relationships: Field Operations, Engineering, Drilling and Completion Operations, Local Emergency Response Providers
Travel: Up to 30% (supporting TX operations)
Direct Reports: None
This is a newly-created position within the Bayswater group of companies, which will report to the EHS Manager.
- Provide visible field-based Safety/EH&S support to Bayswater’s Colorado (DJ Basin) and Texas (Big Spring,) operations, supports maintaining day-to-day focus on meeting EH&S requirements, participation in safety meetings.
- Works collaboratively with field operations on day-to-day safety issues, assist in identifying appropriate controls to reduce hazards
- Conducts inspections and reviews of field operations and supports operations in preparing for high risk activities (eg. Rig moves, Sim Op situations, heavy lifts, trenching & excavation, new facility construction and startups, drilling and completion operations).
- Periodically review and support development of any new EH&S related programs, policies, and procedures to reduce operational risks, supports communication and implementation at field level to assure understanding. Periodically review EH&S related programs, policies, and procedures and recommend changes where necessary.
- Participates and periodically delivers training to support field safety/EH&S operations and initiatives.
- Provide support for incident investigation and reporting process, assists operations leadership in the implementation of corrective actions, provides support on EH&S reporting and vendor EH&S incident reviews, communicates and discusses key learnings with operations
- Support efforts in contractor safety management, contractor communication and coordination as assigned, supports operations in pre-qualification efforts of vendors, conducts or participates in contractor safety meetings, conduct contractor audits and communicates findings and field level observations for action. Participate in contractor JSA and hazard analysis.
- Subject to call-outs to respond to operational issues and emergencies after working hours, at night, and on weekends and holidays
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Bayswater’s EH&S efforts
- Three (3) or more years of safety experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge of drilling, completions, and production phases of oil and gas operations
- Understanding Hydrogen Sulfide operations and basic CPR and First Aid
- Strong team player and ability to work with all departments in the company
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required for regular interactions with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including industry peers, government agencies, consultants/contractors, field personnel, and senior leadership
- Skilled at using Microsoft office suite of products and liability to learn and utilize various additional environmental management software programs as needed
Other Personal Characteristics
- Professional, technically proficient, and an independent thinker.
- Open, candid and effective communication style
- Strong personal and business values, which are consistent with Bayswater’s vision and values
- High integrity.
- Strong desire to be a key part of growing Bayswater’s future asset development in Texas and other asset Basin areas plus “oil and gas operating business” over the coming years, with the willingness to do whatever it takes and collaborate as a team player.
Salary Range is $60,000 – $95,000
This position is not eligible for relocation.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply download this application and email to email@example.com