Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE)
- We will conduct our business without accident, without harm to people, and without damage to the environment.
- We will meet or exceed ambient regulatory requirements in our areas of operations and comply with all laws.
- We will implement and continuously improve an HSE Management System to achieve these goals which contains the following elements and expectations.
Safety Management System
- LEADERSHIP AND ACCOUNTABILITY – People throughout the Bayswater organization are responsible for leading and engaging the extended workforce in meeting our HSE goals and objectives. HSE roles and responsibilities will be clearly defined, and needed resources will be provided.
- RISK ASSESSMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY -Management of risk is the most important of all the HSE Elements. We will regularly identify the hazards and assess the risks associated with our activities. We will manage the risks on a prioritized basis to prevent or reduce the impact of potential accidents or incidents.
- PEOPLE, TRAINING, AND BEHAVIORS – People’s behavior is critical to Bayswater’s success; therefore, our workforce will be carefully selected and trained, and their skills and competencies regularly assessed.
- WORKING WITH CONTRACTORS AND OTHERS – Contractors, suppliers, and other business partners are key to our business performance, and we will assess their capabilities and competencies to perform work on our behalf. We will work together with them to ensure our HSE expectations are achieved.
- FACILITIES DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION – New facilities and modifications to existing facilities will be designed, procured, constructed and commissioned to enable safe, secure, healthy and environmentally sound performance throughout their operational life by using recognized standards, procedures, and management systems.
- OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE – Facilities will be operated and maintained to ensure safe, secure, healthy and environmentally sound performance.
- MANAGEMENT OF CHANGE – All temporary and permanent changes to organization, personnel, systems, procedures, equipment, products, materials or substances will be evaluated and managed to ensure that health, safety, and environmental risks arising from these changes remain at an acceptable level. We will comply with changes to laws and regulations.
- INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION – We will maintain accurate information on our operations. It will be held securely and readily available.
- COMMUNITY AND STAKEHOLDER AWARENESS – We value community awareness and will actively engage in dialogue with various stakeholders to maintain public confidence in the integrity of our operations and our commitment to HSE performance.
- CRISIS AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Emergency management plans will be maintained to cover all of our facilities, locations, and places of work. These plans will identify equipment, training, and personnel necessary to protect the workforce, contractors, public, environment and Bayswater’s reputation in the event of an incident.
- INCIDENT ANALYSIS AND PREVENTION – Incidents will be reported, investigated and analyzed to prevent recurrence and improve our performance. Our investigations will focus on root causes and/or system failures. Corrective actions and preventative measures will be utilized to reduce future incidents.
- ASSESSMENT AND IMPROVEMENT – We will periodically assess the implementation of and compliance with these expectations to ensure that management processes are in place and working effectively. This will involve both internal self-assessments and appropriate external assessments. We will use this information to improve performance and processes.