In November 2021, Bayswater released its inaugural Sustainability Report which showcases the critical steps we have taken to responsibly develop oil and natural gas resources in our Colorado and Texas operations. Additionally, the 2020 Sustainability Report outlines Bayswater’s future ESG commitments to continually improve our operational standard. Bayswater also has a Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Report within our 2020 Sustainability Report. We are excited to release this inaugural report and commit to demonstrating our continued ESG improvement through annual reports.
“Bayswater’s 2020 Sustainability Report is a tremendous milestone in the evolution of our company,” said Steve Struna, Bayswater President and CEO. “As a privately held oil and natural gas company, I am proud to say that Bayswater was committed to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) values and responsible operations prior to producing this report and will continue to improve wherever possible in the future. It is my hope that this inaugural report demonstrates to our diverse stakeholder community our commitment to act as a responsible operator and sustainably produce a vital domestic energy product. In this report, we showcased some of the ESG highlights from our 2020 operations. I look forward to feedback on our 2020 ESG activities and, moving forward, benchmarking our ESG progress in annual reports.”
In the 2020 Sustainability Report, Bayswater features significant ESG highlights in our 2020 operations, including:
- 100% of Bayswater employees are direct owners of the company.
- Bayswater dramatically reduced the emissions from its operations by removing approximately 37,500 trucks from Colorado and Texas roads in 2020 through the increased use of pipeline infrastructure.
- Bayswater reduced the methane emissions from pneumatic controllers in its Colorado operations by 50% by installing instrument air-powered devices.
- 99% of Bayswater’s Colorado production is covered by continuous air emissions monitoring.
- In 2020, Bayswater plugged and abandoned a total of 22 vertical wells.
- Bayswater saved nearly 18 million gallons of freshwater by utilizing water recycling technology.
- Bayswater gives back to the communities in which it operates by donating time and resources to local schools and nonprofits.
- In 2020, Bayswater paid approximately $42 million in taxes and royalties in Colorado and Texas.